Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 3 of kitchen remodel



Here's some pictures of the progress we've made. Support frames were built (will be removed once everything is finished) and more walls came down. We also replaced multiple beams (which of course wasn't planned, but very much needed). I'm excited because the support beams were placed up in the ceiling, which I originally thought would show, but now we'll only have to deal with one post. The gas line should be in by Friday and the contractor and cabinet maker met yesterday to finalize all measurements.

So what have Addie and I been up too while all the construction is going on? We've been taking full advantage of OMSI and storytimes and getting out, as Addie likes to say it's a date! Too cute. She picked out her outfit today, a white summer dress even though it was raining. She refused to wear the sweater over it because it covered up her "beautiful princess dress". We definitely have a princess on our hands. I'm AMAZED how much she LOVES dresses and all things pink. We were looking at a catalog last night for a big girl bed, I asked her if she liked a particular blue one (which was a boys bed) and she said "NO it's a boys" and she also told daddy that he couldn't have mary jane shoes because they are for girls only, just mommy and Addie.

2 comments:

mom2maya said...

How cute! I wonder where she gets the prissines from? It's probably me :)

In the Land of Kate said...

I love your guys house! Its so nice and cozy.
Addie's hair is so much longer! She looks so much older, thats crazy.
Katelan