Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines Day


So I've been trying to figure out what to do for Addie for Valentines Day or how I can make it a little more special for a 2 year old! Typically for each holiday I purchase or make a card for her and Kelly and I write a short message to her and seal it up. I hope she'll enjoy reading it years from now (Thanks to my sister for the idea!). Then I remembered what my favorite valentine was; so up to the attic I went. I found my baby book and there is was, a handwritten note from my mom to me. I'm not sure how old I was or the year she wrote it, but above all it's my most favorite item in the whole baby book. It's a very short message, but I love it jsut the same. This got me thinking about hand writing and signatures; I have terrible writing and both my mom and sister have beautiful hand writing, which I've always been jealous about. So I set off to "recreate" the very same valentine for Addie as my mom did so many years ago; but this time I didn't worry about handwriting. My sister who told me that it's unique and years from now Addie will look back at all my letters and notes and just know that it was from her Mommy and will love seeing MY handwriting (shocking I do listen to you Kristy :)).

Here's a picture, the white letter is from my mom and the pink heart valentine is Addie's (my baby book is in the background). In case you can't read it:

My Baby Doll
That isn't going to be very tall
With lots of curls and as precious as pearls
Happy Valentines Day

4 comments:

mom2maya said...

This by FAR was the best Valentine I've seen! Thanks so much for sharing this, and for your including me it was so sweet!

TCBarnes said...

Kelly,

Happy late birthday to Addie! She is absolutely beautiful. What wonderful parents you and Kelly are! I LOVE the Valentine idea. I'm so happy you are doing well and enjoying life with your family.

God Bless You & Take care!
Cara Barnes

A Shore Thing said...

Awh that's very special. Just wish i could have been there!

A Shore Thing said...

AWH that was the most special Valentine's for me to share with you both. Love you girls...Grandma k