Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fall is here!

I LOVE fall! It's my most favorite time of the year for so many reasons!
  • The fresh scent outside just after the first rain shower
  • Farmer markets (yes summer is great, but who doesn't love to be wearing a sweatshirt and drinking a coffee while picking out fresh produce)
  • Did I already mention wearing a cozy sweatshirt while outside for a walk? Just perfect weather, not cold enough for a jacket, nice and "wrisk" (as Ming-Ming would say)
  • Pumpkins and pumpkins! Love going to the pumpkin patch and am so excited to take Addie for her second year!
  • Halloween, it's so fun to see all the little kids dressed up (video coming soon of Addie saying trick or treat)
  • Baking, I love pumpkin bread!
  • Fall colors, who doesn't love all oranges, red and golds and watching all the leaves fall? Can't wait for Addie to play in the leaves. She was only sitting up last year.
  • Football, chili and staying home. Finally an excuse to be lazy and hang out (not that I need one)
  • Getting dark earlier, ok so I am weird, but our house feels so cozy when it's dark outside and a yummy candle is lit making the house smell tasty
  • Thanksgiving!!!!!!!! Over the last several years Thanksgiving has become my absolute favorite holiday! It's such a great way to spend time with loved ones and just feel thankful for them and everything in your own life. No Christmas shopping, agonizing over what to buy that someone special and trying to fit in all the Christmas stuff. Thanksgiving is a time to slow down and just be truly grateful for everything. LOVE it!

Addie and I decorated the house today with all the fall decor. The mantel says Happy Halloween and our fall wreath is on the door. She enjoyed passing all the little pumpkins to me and playing with the giant fake pumpkins we have (and no they don't bounce, but not for a lack of trying).

1 comment:

mom2maya said...

Ahh fun! OK, the fact that you are quote Ming, Ming scares me a bit but I totally laughed out loud so it's well worth it!!